Sheila-Marie Finkelstein, Esq
Sheila-Marie Finkelstein, Esq., is the Principal of AHAVA Law, P.C., and is a Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law, by the California Board of Legal Specialization.
Sheila-Marie is passionate about education and veterans. She practices in estate planning because of her experiences as a Clerk for the U.S. Air Force JAG corps, and as an elementary school science teacher with Teach for America. She firmly believes every Californian over the age of 18 needs a proper plan.
She is also a Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney. She launched the pro bono Estate Clinic at Veteran’s Legal Institute. Sheila-Marie has been published multiple times in American Bar Association national magazines, has taught several Continuing Legal Education Courses, and frequently speaks at private and public events on the benefits of proper estate planning for individuals, families, and professionals.
- State Bar of California Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney
- Super Lawyers TM Rising Star 2018 - 2020
- Veterans Legal Institute, Lawyers for Warriors, Veterans Advocate of the Year 2021
- Chapman University School of Law (LLM Taxation)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (Juris Doctorate)
- University of Copenhagen (International Law)
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (Masters of Education)
- American University (Bachelors of Arts)
- When Less is More: What You Can Gain from Pro Bono and Low Bono Work
Feb 18, 2020 - GPSolo Magazine January/February 2020: Solo Lawyers Making a Difference Volume 37, Issue 1
- How to Become VA Accredited
March 2019 - ABA GPSolo March/April 2019: Military Law Volume 36, Issue 2
- Powers of Attorney
July 2016 - ABA GPSolo July/August 2016: Estate Planning Volume 33, Issue 4
- Estate Planning for Old Age and Incapacity
November 2015 - GPSolo November/December 2015: Elder Law Volume 32, Issue 6
- Achieving Justice for our Warriors:
Past, Present, & Future. Orange County Lawyer, November 2020 (Vol. 62 No. 11) p. 30.
- My Loved One Died, Now What?
A checklist for the Personal Representative. Orange County Lawyer, August 2021 (Vol. 63 No. 8) p. 30.
OC Jewish Bar Association – President (2019 – Present) – Executive Officer (2015 -Present) - Board of Directors (2011 – Present)
Veteran’s Legal Institute – Board of Directors (2016 – Present)
OCBA Veterans & Military Committee – Chair (2019 – Present) – Vice Chair (2014 -2018)
OCBA Young Lawyers Division (2011-2016) – Education Chair (2014)
OC Women Lawyers Association – Executive Officer (2016-2019) – Board of Directors (2012 – 2019)